Are you smarter than an elementary school teacher?
Thanks to all the teams that helped make our first trivia night a success and congratulation to “Thank a Teacher” for winning the trivia competition. We look forward to you joining us for our next Adult Virtual Trivia Night!
FCEPTA Virtual Trivia Night
Who? Anyone can participate, but questions are targeted toward adults.
What? A fundraising online trivia event. Teams of up to 6 people will compete for prizes and to learn if they are at the top of the class!
When? Friday, November 13, 2020. 7 p.m.
Where? Gather your team (within your social bubble, wearing masks and practicing social distancing) or play from your own home and collaborate with your teammates via a Zoom breakout room.
Why? Build community spirit and raise funds for teacher grants, FCCPS kids in need and help fund teacher requests throughout the year.
Virtual Trivia Night Format
- Teams will consist of up to 6 members. The team captain will submit one answer on behalf of the team.
- Teammates can gather at one location or remain at their own home. If gathering remotely, team mates can connect via the Zoom breakout room or using another means like FaceTime.
- Read these helpful tips on how to optimize your at-home setup and to login.
- If you’re interested in playing but don’t have a team – no worries – we can match you up.
- Connect to the Zoom meeting to see and hear the emcee.
- The trivia contest will include 6 categories of 10 questions.
- Correct answers are worth the same value and do not decrease as time to answer passes.
- Questions will be text submissions (not multiple choice). Questions will vary from text only, audio and video.
- Once the question is read, teams will have :60 seconds to submit their answer.
- All teams that submit the correct answer will receive points.
- At the end of the contest, the team with the most points wins.
- The top three teams will receive gift cards to a local business. The 1st place team will receive (6) $25 gift cards; the 2nd place team will receive (6) $10 gift cards; the 3rd place team will receive (6) $5 gift cards.
Suggestions for the best experience
- The team host will need to connect to the Zoom meeting using a computer and stream or project it to a larger screen.
- The team captain can either use the same computer with another browser window or a mobile phone to submit their team’s answer.
- Login around to 6:45 p.m. to receive final tips and ensure that you do not have connectivity issues.