Saturday, May 8th, 2021
5:45 p.m. – Pregame
6:00 p.m. – Games begin
The games can be live streamed from the PTA’s Facebook page.
How will the games take place responsibly?
FCEPTA puts the safety of teachers and families first. Therefore the games will look a bit different this year:
- Watch from home! Games will be live streamed for free (donations welcome!)
- Mask up! Teachers will wear masks and compete in socially distanced events..
- Virtual raffle tickets! Awesome class baskets will be available again for raffle ticket purchase and winners announced between events.
What is the HTG Games?
The Hippo Tiger Giraffe (HTG) Games are an annual City of Falls Church school-spirit event that draws over 1500 students, families, teachers, and staff. The staff from Thomas Jefferson competes against the staff from Mount Daniel and Jessie Thackrey in Olympics-style competitions with the winner receiving the ultimate prize – the Golden Pencil.
HTG is one of the PTA’s biggest fundraisers and provides other attractions in addition to the Games. Fans can enter multiple raffles with prizes, wear spirit attire, and order food from a participating co-sponsored restaurant.
Check out a preview of some HTG Games being played by students.
- The money raised from these ever-popular baskets helps the PTA fund teacher grants, school assemblies, community events, and more. The raffle will be held online, so no physical tickets are needed, and the winners will be announced between games at the event. The winner does not have to be watching the HTG Games to collect their prize.
- Choose from 23 different prize baskets! Enter in as many as you like, as often as you want!
- Raffle ticket pricing:
1 ticket for $3
- Buy your raffle tickets here! You will be redirected to a third party site that is managing our raffle.
- Show your school spirit by sporting some rally gear! Order your student an HTG Games 2021 t-shirts and masks so they can wear it during Spirit Week which begins on May 3, 2021.
Our sponsors help make the HTG Games a success! Our restaurant sponsors will be offering dining opportunities where a portion of the sales benefit our elementary schools.
Pre-order meal by May 4th. $80 family pack that feeds 4-6 people. Includes: Fried Mozzarella Sticks Broccoli w/Garlic Butter Caesar Salad w/Dressing Penne Pasta w/Meatballs Chocolate Chip Brownie Pick-up on May 8 between 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. at the State Theatre.
Spirit Ice Cream $7 a pint ($1/order goes to the PTA) Pre-order by Thur., May 6 Mt. Daniel ice cream (Black-Raspberry) and/or Thomas Jefferson ice cream (Orange Creamsicle) Pick-up on May 8 at Lazy Mike’s.
Wed., May 5 from 3 - 8 p.m. & HTG - May 8 from 4- 7 p.m. Use Code: HTG2021 and a percentage of the proceeds will go to the PTA.
| Thur., May 6 from 3 - 8 p.m. & HTG - May 8 from 4- 7 p.m. Use Code: HTG2021 and a percentage of the proceeds will go to the PTA.