Give Day is:
- A FCEPTA service learning initiative to get our kids and families involved in community service.
- It takes place on MLK Day, Monday, January 21, 2019 at TJ Elementary School from 9-11 a.m. It is open to all elementary students and their families.
- Each year, 5th graders apply to become GIVE Day “Ambassadors” and learn how to raise funds and awareness for the GIVE Day event. This year, we have 60 Ambassadors (more than ever)!
- Ambassadors have already chosen to work with Food for Others to raise money and collect food for “Powerpacks” for local children in need of food on the weekends.
- In addition, a Bloodmobile will be stationed outside of TJ for blood donations from the community and elementary families.
If you don’t have time to shop for food items , you can make a donation to go towards GIVE Day! All donations are appreciated. A donation of $43 will cover the cost of 35 power packs to be distributed to School children throughout Fairfax County.